Friday, November 11, 2011

Has anyone ever gotten medication for Social Anxiety Disorder?

I've attended college for two years at the local branch campus, and next year I'll be transferring to the big city campus...the thing is, I want to make friends there...here, I've made no friends, and I still have never had a girlfriend. I believe I have social anxiety disorder because I'm usually really "on" at first in a social setting, but then my social stamina (as i call it) fades quickly, and all of a sudden I feel weary and want to leave. I hate that feeling, I know I have what it takes to get friends and a girlfriend. This summer, I plan to see a psychiatrist for just a few sessions and hopefully get prescribed some S.A.D. meds...Has anyone done this? Does it help? Thanks for any info...

No comments:

Post a Comment