Monday, November 7, 2011

McCain celebrity commercial

Okay, a bit of venting on my part. Can McCain actually discuss an issue? It seems all he knows how to do is mock Obama. It takes a lot of nerve to put out a commercial like that. And, I have seen some dirty campaigning in my time but McCain's last couple of commercials really take the cake. First, there was the Hilton/Spears thing. He could have used Oprah or some other famous black person. The fact is he didn't. He used two white women to stoke some racial feelings that some have within this country. To me, this commercial was reminescent of one I saw during a senatorial race down in Tennessee-it is little better. I thought it was racist then and I still feel the same way. It may be latent but it is most certainly there. Quite frankly, this is a disgusting commercial. Absolutely disgusting. I have one other question regarding McCain. Why is he trying to split this country by race; is it the only way he can win? And, if pitting American against American, is the only way you can win; is it really worth it? I will be honest I used to hold McCain in fairly high regard but no more. It will be a long time before I even look at a republican candidate and I have a feeling that a large number of people in my demographic feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment