Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pacifiers?

Who agrees/disagrees with giving baby a pacifier? My baby is 11 weeks old, and I'd really rather not give her a pacifier. I think that as her mum it would be better to learn to soothe her in other ways than to give her a pacifier, plus then there's not the struggle of having to wean her off of it later on, and there's no need to worry about the research with regard to it damaging their speech/teeth development. My partner, on the other hand, disagrees, and whenever she cries and I'm in the shower or whatever, the pacifier goes straight in her mouth. He thinks she should have it all the time so we don't have to walk round with her etc to calm her down. I said to him that I don't want her to have one, and if he doesn't want to help soothe her in other ways then fine, I'll do it myself. He works weekdays and is often out at the weekend, so it will be me who has to wean her off of it when the time comes, and me who has to soothe her in other ways. Is this fair enough or am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment